Forums > General > Ooc Non Wow > Eso Elder Scrolls... > ESO - Choosing a...

ESO - Choosing a Faction

Topic List
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Inomi
Officer Emeritus

I guess I'll get this conversation started. :) I have little to no idea thus far just what faction to choose to start playing. I think I prefer to play as the Breton race, but with the pre-purchase, I'm not locked to a faction.

Anyone else out there got some good ideas? Lucette's been doing some research on the different factions, and I think Aldmeri Dominion sounds the most Trivial-esque...but I don't suppose that has to be a guiding factor in choosing where to start. :)

I will say that I enjoyed the original Daggerfall Covenant starting area quests; but haven't really tried much of the others.

Edited by: Anonymous on 05/19/2014 - 03:00 Reason: Topic automatically locked
Honesty
High Council

I'm fine with any of them.  Since the faction choice seems to be the only thing that restricts folks from playing together, it would be nice to all pick the same thing.  ) 

From reading a bit of the lore she pointed to, I actually think the Daggerfall Covenant sounds more Triv like--3 races brought together by need.  )  The Aldmeri sounds a bit elven-centric (two elven races), and while barbarians can be great fun, the Ebonheart Pact sounds a bit one note.  So I think Daggerfall's a good choice.

I have no idea how long I'll play it, but I'm interested to see how the simpler ability system works out.  Think we need to coordinate classes or tradeskills?

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

Coordinating might be helpful at first, particularly if we end up doing any amount of group content.

I'm also good with doing whatever. Those of us who pre-ordered get to pick whatever race we want and dump them in whatever faction we want. (At least once). So that makes things flexible. (Too flexible? Perhaps.)

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

And as far as roles go...I have little to no desire to heal / tank myself...just saying. :)

Honesty
High Council

As I understand it the roles can be more fluid--most classes can do most roles to some degree.  Was Lucette doing a Templar healer?

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

She's working on an essay-length reply to this thread right now, as it happens. I believe she's looking at Templar, yes.

Officer
Lucette
Officer Emeritus

I'm happy with whatever.  I played a little bit of each starting zone & they all seemed fine.  We did spend the most time in Daggerfall though, so it would be familliar. 

As far as coordinating is concerned, it seems like a good idea. Inomi & I were able to faceroll through most of the quest content we did, but things like dungeons & anchors would require some coordination of abilities.

I'm planning on rolling a Templar to start for healing purposes (& damage) & then a Dragonknight for pure face smashing purposes. The other 2 classes had little appeal for me at this point. 

Tradeskills I haven't nailed down yet since it's pretty open, but I'm leaning towards a focus on woodworking on my templar.

Topic locked