The UI in Elder Scrolls is so very alien in some ways; and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I figured I'd put up a list (short / otherwise) of some of the stuff I stumbled over. Perhaps it'll help someone else have an easier time transitioning than I did. :)
- G key - gets you into the guild screen for viewing such things as the roster, etc.
- . (Period) key - I just learned a la a youtube video that this key will free up your cursor from the targeting reticle so that you can go click on the chat window or other such things. (Yeah, I'm a noob.) :)
- J key - gets you your "quest log" - good for reviewing the quests you've picked up, and selecting the one you want to be focusing on.
- T - lets you cycle through your active objectives.
- /gX (where X is 1 through 5) - Guild chat channel(s). You can join up to 5 guilds, and each has their own chat channel that you can be a part of on any toon. (Conversationally, at least.)
- /oX (where X is 1 through 5). - Officer chat. 'nuf said.
- Keep an eye on the bottom of your screen when you're in menus and such. I find there's a lot of actions that are available to me that I just plain miss out on because I'm focused elsewhere on the screen. I blame my rathe rlarge monitor for this. ;)
I also just came across this addon when looking into such things on the ESO forums: http://tamrielfoundry.com/ftc/
It seems to have some potential, if for nothing other than grouping things in a little closer to the middle of your screen so you can better track what's going on. ESO limits an addon's ability to know what's happening in detail to your party members (trying to exterminate DPS meters), so there's only so far this addon will take you; but that's more than what you've got to start with, so yay. :)