Mass Effect 3

Topic List
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

Anyone done much multiplayer?  I did a few games of it, using only the free recruit pack and random groups.  It took about 5 games before a team that finally won on the lowest difficulty.

I'm also finding that the game has fallen through the uncanny valley into creepy valley.  (The textures on all the faces and surfaces are much improved from ME2, but the animations are worse.  Having someone spin their head around 180 degrees to talk to you while they still work is really creepy.)  Sadly, it hasn't grabbed me as much as ME2 did.

Trilana

I'm still working my way through ME2 before I try anything with ME3. Hopefully in another week or two I'll be ready for it and give MP a try. I'm on the PC so I hope I can hook up with other types of systems.

Honesty
High Council

As far as I know it's system independent.  I'm playing on a PC as well.  My only advice is don't rush through ME2.  )

Administrator
Pyro

Another good tip for first time players of the Mass Effect series.

Save often and create several saves on your system(s) so you can revert back if a choice you made has concequences you don't like.

Officer
Zyrena
Officer Emeritus

I've been doing a lot of multiplayer, it's quite fun. Most random matches end in failure in one of the final waves, but I have won some.  I recommend saving up for the Spectre packs, as you have a good chance of getting the best weapons. I've unlocked the Widow sniper rifle and the Geth shotgun so far. I also have it on PC.

I do agree with the creepy factor. I think part of it is that the eyebrows barely move most of the time, which makes everyone look like they had one too many botox injections.

Elentur

Just got my copy, but I'm on XB360 (as that's where I played ME1 & ME2.)

Honesty
High Council

I think you can do the multiplayer no matter what platform you're on. Happy to meet up with you sometime...although you really want Zy, he's much better than I am.

Aeth
High Council

Zy and I tried to do cross-platform multiplayer, and he wasn't able to find me... I think it's specific to either consoles or PC, sadly.

Topic locked