Forums > General > Ooc Non Wow > Sw Old Republic Mmo > Purpose of the forum

Purpose of the forum

Topic List
34 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

We used to have a section for discussion of other games, this forum is for those Trivialites that will be giving Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO) a try.  Aeth has preregistered the Trivial guild name, if you have preordered the game you can apply to join it (at the moment, it is the only one on the Alliance..er...Republic side with that name).  There is also an Empire side guild registered, I don't know if that is one of us or not.

This is provided as a convenience; everyone registered in the same guild will (supposedly) automatically wind up on the same server at launch.  It can often be nice to have folks you know around when exploring brave new worlds (oops, wrong space game).  It's completely optional; there is no plan to move en masse from WoW, but in talking with people I know a lot of folks were planning on trying the game.

Honesty
High Council

It looks like there are the required number of pre-orders registered, so the Republic side guild should be created in the pre-launch. Did someone here create the Empire side Trivial? If so, perhaps we should make them allies/adversaries so they wind up on the same server.

Administrator
Pyro

Sorry but not I, I'm devoted to sucking at 1 MMO at a time :)

Scary stuff, I just got a beta key.  Today on 11/17/2011

Aeth
High Council

It sounds like, to conclude their beta weekend stress tests leading up to the final release, pretty much everyone who had signed up before last week for a chance at the beta got an invite for the final beta test weekend... which is, (in)conveniently enough, rumored to be set for Thanksgiving weekend. Oy vey.

Honesty
High Council

Yep. You had to have registered for the testing before November 11 to be automatically included. However, various web sites are having promotions where keys are given away. For example, Curse.com has something like 135,000 keys to hand out.

Since I have family visiting that weekend, I won't have much beta time. For beta, I will do something i'm not intending to play, so as to not ruin the story.

Honesty
High Council

Hm, it's gone down to 3 people preregistered, so it won't be created for us.  Did someone who had pre-ordered leave?  Is there anyone else who has preordered the game that would be willing to sign up as Trivial?

Officer
Zyrena
Officer Emeritus

Oh no, I think that may have been me. There is a guild that I have been playing with in beta that I signed up to join with as a side guild on the Empire faction. I guess they don't let you sign up for more than one guild pre-launch. :(

Honesty
High Council

Suspected so, because I recognized the three names on the list. However, turned out Lierra ordered it, so if we can just get an account set up for her she can be the fourth. (The website was not letting her create an account...I think they messed up their latest tweak to security.)

Officer
Yelizaveta
Officer

I pre-ordered today, and I applied to Trivial, I think.  It was not obvious to me how to apply, if I had the right guild, or anything at all.  But I tried, as screen name Elusila.

It is going to be an east coast server?

This is what the application looked like:

Trivial

Republic, PvE, English, US East (EST)

Trivial

• No Allies or Adversaries selected (optional)
  • Three members have pre-ordered
    (at least four pre-orders required)

Guild is Not Ready for deployment
(what is this?)

• Allegiance to: The Galactic Republic
  • PvE
  • English, US East (EST)
  • Founded on September 19, 2011, led by GloverAran
  • 3 members

Withdraw your application
You originally applied on Sat, 11/26/2011 - 09:51

Aeth
High Council

You found the right place. :) It is currently set up as an east coast server because I'm on the east coast... but I can modify that if people prefer it being west coast.

Not sure who Jannisett is, but I figured an extra body in the roster couldn't hurt. (Or, that they'd chime in on here if it's a current Triv.)

Yeli, check your emails again about the pre-order, because I suspect there's a code you need to apply to your SWTOR website account in order to flag yourself as having pre-ordered. The guild page still shows only 3 members who have pre-ordered, and we need at least 4 to guarantee the guild formation at launch.

Officer
Yelizaveta
Officer

I just redeemed my pre-order code on my account.  But it still says only 3 members have pre-ordered.  Will check again tomorrow.

Honesty
High Council

Now it shows 4 members, it looks like their database was just a bit slow in catching up.  Yay!  Can always use another counselor )

BTW, Jannisett is Lierra.

Jeveran

I've applied to the Republic Trivial guild. As of my application, there were five members listed.

Honesty
High Council

Wonderful!  There is also a private forum supplied by Bioware...which so far consists of a post saying "hey, we have a private forum."  We are known for our wittiness. 

Upup

I will be playing SWOR.  what side of trivial am i appliing too?  Republic?

DeveloperOfficer
Lierra
Officer

Jannisett is me, Lierra.  I'm still waiting for customer service to give me a valid pre-order code; they know I want it to help my guild.  We'll see. <sigh>

Aeth
High Council

Yup, Republic side.

Honesty
High Council

Which brings to mind 2 questions--

1. Should we make Trivial an ally/adversary of that guild so your characters wind up on the same server?

2. Does the Galactic trade network (auction house) allow cross-faction trades? I would think that it would, but haven't seen anything on it.

Officer
Zyrena
Officer Emeritus

I don't think you can ally with guilds from the other faction, but I suppose the adversary option would work. However, they decided to roll on an RP server for some reason so the server type wouldn't match anyway.

Right now, I don't know of any cross faction trading.

Foxbat

Do we know which server we'll be on for republic. I had some reasonable fun in the beta, so I'm in for SWTOR -- we'll see how it goes. :) I'm planning on rolling a Smuggler/Scoundrel for my main; I had fun getting mine up to 19 or so in the last round of beta and i'm looking forward to seeing how the Sawbones tree plays out with the instant HOTs and stuff.

I didn't join the Triv guild before the beta shut down, so let me know what server and I'll create and apply. :)

--Draykala (who will likely create "Celinda" as the smuggler.)

Honesty
High Council

Don't know yet.  They will send out an email at some point, and I'll post here.

Honesty
High Council

It appears we have been assigned to The Harbinger.

Aeth
High Council

Interestingly, it appears that the private discussion forum on the TOR website is gone, and there's no indication on whether our allies/adversaries are deployed on the same server just yet.

Edit: Lied About the Cookies ended up on the "Mask of Nihilus" server. :(

Trilana

Not sure what the whole purpose of this 'deployment' is. Are they stopping people from creating guilds on the servers to begin with? If not, I'll just create the guild on Harbringer.

Aeth
High Council

From what I can tell, guild creation is still possible on day one, but you'll have to get out of your starter area (to your respective fleets) to do it.

It seems like the purpose was to pre-organize with people you knew you wanted to play with, without having to call/IM/email everyone to tell them what server to roll on... and, of course, you're all in the guild immediately, rather than having to wait for an invite or create it yourself.

Trilana

Yah, we've put in a message to their support but I expect we'll just all be rolling on Harbinger and make the guild once we get to the hub. A bit of a pain but I'd rather all my characters be on the same server, regarless of faction.

Elentur

They said it wasn't mathematically possible to honor all ally/adversary requests, and that's why some were sent to other servers.  At work, one of our adversary guilds ended up apart from our Sith guild (Seethe, on Swiftsure.)

That said, I'll roll up a Republic character too on Harbinger.  I should get into early access tomorrow too :)

Honesty
High Council

Of course it's mathematically possible...just not with the constraints they wanted to add. :). As for me, I will likely not get early access until whichever day this week I'm busiest. )

Honesty
High Council

It does seem odd, though being on a server named for a big bad guy from Mass Effect...

Officer
Zyrena
Officer Emeritus

Good to know. Hopefully we ended up on the same server as the guilds we were allied with. My Empire guild was assigned to the Shien server.

Oh, and Harbinger is the ship that the Jedi Exile is on at the start of KOTOR 2.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Harbinger

Honesty
High Council

Strangely, they got all the way up through September this morning.  I was invited to join and create the guild, so Trivial is now on the Harbinger server.  I think Aeth has to get on to make officers.

My trooper is Conway.

Pages

Topic locked