Forums > General > Ooc Non Wow > Sw Old Republic Mmo > Trooper final...

Trooper final class mission (spoiler)

Topic List
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

Frapsed this for fun.  You can find better on youtube of course.  But you might get a kick out of the part starting around 3:10.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65317099/TrooperFinal.wmv

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

Thanks for the video.  It's interesting seeing the difference between a tank specced trooper and mine, a dps spec.  When I'm faced with a pair of strongs/elites, I use the key combo of (make next ability instant--don't remember the name of it)-concussive shot to "sheep" one.  Concussive shot is probably the best CC in the game, it works on every non-boss (organic and droid) and can be applied in combat.  And, you can reapply it when it wears off to give yourself time to heal up and recover full energy.  Did you try in some of your attempts getting both mobs attacking you and thus keeping Elara up?  It looked like she was tanking/dpsing the other one from you, and couldn't keep up the healing.

Using the helpers was amusing.  Do be warned that there is a similarly difficult fight in the Corellia story line, that apparently tanks in particular have trouble with...so take minions.  Er, helpers.  Ah, squadmates.

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

I did, in most attempts, but then I noticed there was something missing, oh yeah, any damage happening.  :)

Elara always ran out of "mana" before they did.  I am sure I could have tuned things just right and gotten it done, or gotten some better gear (was only 47 with subpar gear).  But I wanted to finish the mission and take a break from TOR. 

Elara has a CC, but it is channeled, and hard to control.  (as I'm sure you know).  Vanguard tanks have only 1 CC which only lasts a few seconds and anyway gets broken if you use any AoE abilities like, oh wait, most of your abilities.  You have two other interrupts on 45s timers, one of which I had just gotten and forgotten I had. 

I skipped at least half the quests, probably more.  Skipped the vast majority of Voss/Corellia.  I don't know if I'll go back and do Voss, but probably will Corellia as it seemed like a cool plotline.   But WTB more fights where ALL of Havoc squad participates. 

Topic locked