Forums > General > Public Discussion > What to Boost to 90?

What to Boost to 90?

Topic List
11 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorOfficer
Turin
Officer

I am considering what to boost to 90. On the one hand you could "waste" it by boosting a partially leveled toon, but on the other those might mean more to you if you got to play them. I will be interested if this becomes a paid service.

If I started a new alternate character then it would most likely be a mage or a priest. I have a few other options including druid, monk and rogue all in the 43-67 range. Any thoughts? I'd like to stick with the flexibility of hybrids but I'm also after having a toon of each class.

What are you guys planning on using the boost for?

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Inomi
Officer Emeritus

I'm struggling with the idea of what to boost to 90 as well. I have a couple alts at low levels that I am considering; most notably my level 13 warlock. But, I thought hinkle I need a reason to pick the class I level up beyond convenience, so I agree that it's going to be interesting to see whether or how they're going to bring this to the store so we can bring more than 1 to on up to endgame.

No matter what they do though and how they do it or how much it costs it's gonna be a game changer. I'll finally be able to start at endgame on horde side to catch up with and play with some of my hordie friends. So I might even save my free boost for that...

DeveloperOfficer
Lierra
Officer

I have one very low level Horde toon.  If I boosted her, I'd be closer to the achievement for max characters on both sides of the fence.  But I know no Hordies, don't belong to a guild there, and would never have a chance to raid her.... (there's a reason she's my lowest level toon, given my adversion to solo play. <wry smile>)  So... is that really a fun idea?

And then I have another priest <wry smile>, mid-level, Medika, who has a role-play partner (Dorlas, Eloris' rogue) desperate to do the Wrath of the Liche King, for role-play purposes.  Boosting them - assuming he's even got time to play these days - would allow us to get them past that part of their personal stories and expand their role-play potential.  But... Trivial doesn't need another priest, even though this one actually practises shadow sometimes.  (She's mostly disc, though.)  So... she's really not a raiding candidate.

Next, I do have a bunch of mid-level characters who've gone nowhere in a long time.  In fact, I've not played them since their classes changed and so I'd have to actually learn how to play the current style of paladin, warlock, or shaman.  It seems to me more cost-effective to learn to play them at 90 than to learn them now/again at levels 71 or 61 or 51.  Sometimes it's nice to have the option of a spare pally, lock or shammie for the raid.  HOWSOMEVER, I've noticed with my other 3 non-Lierra level 90s that it is REALLY difficult to get raid-ready gear if you're not willing to pug.  My druid is barely raidable - though not at Trivial's current level- and neither the mage nor the warrior have a prayer of raiding.  So can I really imagine that I'd get the pally, lock, or shammie gear where I've not with the druid, mage, and warrior?  Seems unlikely.  But I LOVE the idea of giving Honesty options, so I'm always hopeful.....

Lastly, I have a bank toon who happens to be an Inscriptionist, and there seems often a use for Inscriptionists to provide some of the rarer stuff for the bank.  Enchants are another need there, but I haven't figured out where to find a bunch of enchant "patterns", other than through rep; my mage is STILL working her way through the reps so I know I can't plan on easily getting any rep-dependent skills useful from Trivial's point of view in any reasonable amount of time.  But it's something I'd LIKE to do....  (LOVE being useful to Trivial!)

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

Given the diversity of our membership though, I think that in large part, we should be selfish with this one. :) Unless I hear that we have an extreme defecit in some area otherwise untold, do what you think you'll enjoy playing the best. :) After all, we play the game to have fun. Sometimes that means putting our own funtime in front of that of the guild's needs. Sometimes. :)

Optimus

This is a situation where you'd want to be selfish.  As someone who finds this feature currently useless at the moment, it's more of a "what do I want to play?" sorta situation.

Hybrids are great choices.  When you have OCD and really want to work on your playskill, hybrids bring that level to the table.  More so with druids (tank/heal/melee/ranged) but never downplay the dynamics of the other hybrids.

Static classes are great too.  Mages are TROLOLOLOP, as well as hunters.  Rogues are a different dynamic and are just as fun.

If I had a choice, thought, I'd like to think outside the box.  I'd go for something truely dynamic that tested my need to see large, shiny numbers on charts.  What class is this you might ask?

The Discipline Priest

The disc priest is truely a dynamic that has really come forward in MoP. The monk popularized the style, but at the end of all things, it's the disc priest that truely made it work.  What is it?

DPSing and healing at the same time!  AKA: Attonement Disc

It rocks charts like no other.  It's it the best?  No, but there are fights where disc numbers and performance are so out of this world you have whispers of "o.o" when people see you're top 5 on both charts (Nourishen).  It's an easy rotation to follow and scales very well with gear.

So that would be my choice.  They're versitile, flexible and very fun to play.  That's my two cents anyway.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

Yeah it's going to be a hard decision to make. Luckily I have many months in which to make it! :D Right now it's a toss up between a warlock and a paladin for me; though I'm weighing more on the warlock side of things than I am on the paladin side. :)

So, a thought: have we considered also having Trivial horde-side? It would be cool if we could play horde characters as well with our fellow guildies... :)

Cheers,

Inomi

Honesty
High Council

The character I really want to boost to 90 is Auraliel, but that's not up to me.  )  I will probably wait to use it, I have enough going on leveling up Honesty and Cardiff at the start of an expansion to keep me plenty busy.

As for a horde guild, there is one, TrivialX I believe.  Check with Zoi, I don't have any characters in it.

Side note: in the Star Wars game we have Trivial on the Republic side, and had to rename the guild on the Empire side.  We finally decided Imp Portents was the opposite of Trivial.  )

Administrator
Pyro

Hmmm what toon should I boost when the expansion drops?

Smithymule -- Dwarven Warrior "Currently low 60s" -- goblin engineer & blacksmith

Darphbobo -- Gnome Deathknight "DK Starting area lol" -- will be a gnomish engineer

Piros -- Human Mage "Currently in 30s or 40s I believe" Tailor & Enchanter

Aramune -- Night Elf Druid "Twenties" Herbalist & Scribe

Waylore -- Human Warlock "Teens" Herbal & Alc

Niaul -- Panda Monk "low teens" Skinning/Leatherworker

I'm thinking Darphbobo as I've pretty much always been a stand there & whack em type of player & grind out levels on Smithymule, or vise versa seeing as they're so close to the same level.

This would however be after I get Willart up to level cap and possibly work on loremaster for him.

DeveloperOfficer
Lierra
Officer

I can't imagine that - even if we had a bunch of L90 Horde toons - that we'd be able to field Trivial Horde raids.  After all, we still haven't regularly got up to 25 players at the beginning of a raid Alliance side.  Though, of course, we could always do flex raids.  The chief problem is time; not sure I could commit to yet another night of raiding... and I surely don't want to take away time from the Alliance side raids.  Ah, hypotheticals!  <grin>

But I do have a real question?  For those of you who might know, are raids any different for the Horde than they are for the Alliance?  I'm kinda assuming not.  I'm assuming that, story and all, the raid instances are the same for both sides.  Is that really so?

Honesty
High Council

There are a few story differences, but in general they are identical fights. In ICC, for example, the Gunship fight is obviously different, and the leadin speech to Saurfang is much different (and longer Horde side).  Galakras, Horde has different heroes supporting them, they get flame strikes instead of blizzards.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

So, Blizzard made some announcements related to the upcoming expansion t'other day that I'm rather stoked about. :)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12426481

Preparing for Battle
At BlizzCon, we laid out our plans to send you into battle against some of the biggest and baddest enemies in Warcraft history. While the Iron Horde gears up for war on Draenor, back here on earth we’re making preparations for the expansion’s upcoming closed beta test. If you’d like to be considered, now’s a great time to make sure you’re opted in to Warcraft betas and that the hardware specs in your Beta Profile are up to date.

The Beta is coming! The Beta is coming!!!!!!!! :D

Report from the Front Lines

From the outset, players will find themselves hurled into a chaotic conflict with the Iron Horde at a new Dark Portal on Draenor. The situation for Azeroth is grim, and the war effort needs heroes—from new recruits to retired champions to warriors still tending wounds earned at the Siege of Orgrimmar. To get everyone straight to the action, when you buy the expansion, it will come with a boost to level 90 for one character on your WoW account. We’re getting ready to test the functionality for that on the PTR, and we wanted to provide a quick update on how it will work with the upcoming expansion presales.

Warlords of Draenor will be available for pre-purchase digitally Soon™, and we’re once again planning to have standard digital and Digital Deluxe versions (along with a physical Collector’s Edition—more on that at a later date). This time, if you pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe edition you’ll get your exclusive World of Warcraft pet and mount right away, allowing you to bring a little bit of Draenor past into Azeroth present.

In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor.  Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process.

Crap! Now I actually have to figure out what I'm going to boost to 90. Perhaps a Rogue...I hear they're mandatory for being on the HC... ;)

Topic locked