Forums > General > Public Discussion > WoW classic has a...

WoW classic has a launch date

Topic List
12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/22990080/mark-your-calendars-wow-classic-launch-and-testing-schedule

Do we have any plans for an echo of Trivial when this goes live? I am planning on doing something in WoW classic, probably a Paladin and something to duo with Myst. I would like to know if anyone else has plans to participate in Classic. Also remind everyone that wants to, to enable Beta eligibility from their account page, as Classic Beta opt-in is separate from the PTR opt-in. 

I'M SO ESSITED TO BE A BUFFBOT AGAIN

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Heridfel
High Council

Going back to a world without transmog and mounts as physical items?  /shudder

Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

/me pees in your cup of haterade

Heridfel
High Council

My cup runneth over.

Des

quick question - are all the "new" classes going to be available, like Monk & DH or DK? or is this going to be completely old school?

Honesty
High Council

They’re planning on 1.12, so none of the later classes.

I don’t think I have time for it, but I’d encourage Dork to step up and make a Classic Trivial.  )

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

Even though I essentially have no time at all, I don't think I'm going to be able to stay away.  

The original game was a total obsession for 2 solid years.  Going to have to take the opportunity to see it again.  I may well never even make it to 60... but hey.  

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

I never play a tank on retail, because people expect tanks to know the fights and I rarely have time to learn them.  But I could on classic, because well...pretty sure I still have most of them memorized.

Good thing I've never needed those brain cells.  

DeveloperOfficer
Lierra
Officer

I remember those days: all warriors were tanks.

One ran everywhere... 'cause your first mount was impossibly expensive.  And runbacks when dead were long too... and very confusing.

AND there were no 30-slot bags, or collector areas in the collection tab that didn't exist.  If you wanted to save an item, you had to find a bag slot for it.  But warlocks had bags for soul shards, priests had to carry at least one stack of candles, and you needed to make room for keys (though they did eventually give you a key bag).

There were no vocal chat channels.

Buffs were done one person at a time.  People were rezzed one at a time too.  I don't remember any in-combat rezzes; raids were 40 people, after all.

You had to find a trainer to actually train up levels.

You could only fish/herb/mine/skin in places that had fish/herbs/ore/animals at the level of your skill.

There were no easy tools for finding/joining pick up groups other than the General typing channel.

Mail took at least an hour to get to your mailbox.  No fast track to alts or guildies.  No Guild Perks at all.

Are you SURE you want to do Classic????  Or have they actually made it Classic-with-good-parts-added?

Honesty
High Council

Blizzard has posted a list of bugs that aren’t bugs—some of which they had to go to great lengths to put back into the game.  

My favorite is that feared characters and NPCs run really fast.  Hello, Murlock camp.

Honesty
High Council

Personally, though, the thing to look forward to in classic is learning mace skill.  (Sly grin)

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

I'm wondering how many days in it'll be before people get tired of training Kazzak to Stormwind.  Unless that had been fixed by patch 1.12 .  

Seriously, what I miss the most is the old PuGs, weird as that is.  By the time people had invested 15 minutes of spamming in IF, 10 minutes flying to the dungeon, and 20 minutes of clearing trash, everybody had skin in the game.  Plus the dungeons were actually (sort of) hard.  You actually had to talk, and you couldn't just kick anyone who didn't already know it by heart.  We got new guild members that way. 

And, you couldn't do an instance unless you knew you had 2 free hours... but hey.  At 60 it eventually degenerated into horrifically boring UBRS runs, till we finally put together Trivial to the point of being able to raid, but it was fun at lower levels.  

I wonder if the old pet-pathing was "not a bug".  

"Hey, look, here's this neat shortcut where we can jump down this cliff and skip all these mobs!"

"Cool!" <jumps down>

"So uhh... where's your pet?"

"Oh, he likes to take the scenic route... why is everybody looking at me funny?"

**SPLAT**

"Ohhhh! Sorry, I forgot not everyone could feign death..."