Forums > General > Public Discussion > Anybody planning...

Anybody planning to play Classic?

Topic List
26 posts / 0 new
Last post
High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

I am definitely going to, but not sure exactly what I'm going to do.   One definite question is if we're going to create an "Echo of Trivial" guild somewhere.

Unless there are a bunch of Trivs who want to do that, I'll probably end up maining Horde...since that's one thing I never did during the original vanilla WoW.  Otherwise I can recreate one of my toons from back then.  

I doubt I'll ever raid, since I plan to not rush at all, and it will probably take at least 6 months to even hit 60.  Longer if I decide to do the other thing I never did in vanilla, and play on a PvP server.  

Would love to create a levelling group and chill in zones 5 levels higher than us, like H, Lierra and me briefly did back then, but as with BfA raiding there is no reliable time to do that...

AdministratorOfficer
Turin
Officer

I’m in!

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

Guess that's a "not too many people", lol.

I'll still probably re-create Agerth and if we can agree on a server will create Trivial (or whatever anybody wants to call it) in case anyone wants to drop in.

Noticed we still have this in the archives :)  Good times. 

https://trivial-guild.com/archive/200603

I can't find my original "WE PWNED LUCI!!!!!" post though.  Guess we don't have QUITE everything lol.  

Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

No idea what i will main in classic, but I will be playing and I would love to have a toon in any version of trivial there is.

If it will have me.

I mean, i have to be better the darkchief right?

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

I wasn't planning on playing classic, but will happily make a character to sign the guild charter.

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

Dork: Only if you give me a few thousand Dark Iron Essences... oh wait you already did that...

Have spent a silly amount of time looking at vanilla-era stuff in the past couple weeks.  Darkchief, what a guy.  Wonder how long his guild of DIRTY TRAITORS lasted... laugh

Aenala

I am probably going to spend a little time torturing myself for old time's sake.

Aleesa

I'll definitely be playing, I'm on vacation that week and I am really looking forward to Classic.  I played on the beta a while back and it hooked me.  I'm a sucker for this stuff, I used to play EQ and I go back frequently whenever they release new progression servers.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

My brothers who are avid wow pvp (and RP) players are dragging me back in for Classic. They’re so stoked for it it’s silly (and awesome). :)

So, Inomi (and or Inomii) will most definitely be making her presence known over there. Even if only for a short time. :)

Race is gonna be tricky tho... 

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

Dunno if you saw the other thread, Inomi, looks like we're probably going to make a guild on Atiesh.  

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

You’re right. Haven’t caught up on all the threads yet. I’ll have a look. 

Officer
Lucette
Officer Emeritus

Inomi and I have resubbed for a month to check it out, and will probably be spending our time on Grobbulus because his brothers prefer RPPVP and have gone alliance, partly as a compromise I think.  If I get sucked back in I may roll a priest with you guys though...we'll see, still very busy with school and work (and making my way slowly through the FFXIV story)

Honesty
High Council

Just so you know, the same subscription works for live.  )

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

I plan to make an undead female rogue on Grob and gank Alliance levelling in Duskwood.   Since it is RP-PvP I am hoping the Alliance will actually come and kill me and the Horde will come and kill them, etc etc.  Female undead has spookier dance/laugh.

Of course, since it will probably take me 3 months to get high enough to scare anyone levelling in Duskwood, I'll probably do a lot more dying than killing. 

Honesty
High Council

It was only a queue of 1000 when I went to log in...but boy, the lag is real.  Worst in the human starting area, the dwarven one was playable.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

We managed to get logged in around 730 pacific and got in a couple hours in the dwarves starting area. It was quite nice! :)

Honesty
High Council

The dwarves starting zone was a lot more convenient than the night elf or human zones as well.  I’ve gotten Hes to Kharanos which is just a run up the road to the Stormwind tram to sign a charter, once someone has the spare cash to buy one.  )

I did log in later in the evening and the big rush in the starting zones had died out.  I’m not sure I understand the race to be first to kill Ragnaros, that’s not what classic was about.  

Honesty
High Council

Hes has enough to buy a charter, if she doesn’t mind not buying training at level 10 ).  She had a bag drop early on.  Do we have 9 people to sign it?

AdministratorOfficer
Turin
Officer

I can sign. Be in the Trade District shortly. you know after the 2,738 other people trying to log in.

AdministratorOfficer
Turin
Officer

Well I'm in, are you? You are looking for a human warrior named Aniluvatar.

AdministratorOfficer
Turin
Officer

I have enough to buy it no problem, if you havent already. Are we going with "Trivial" as the name?

Honesty
High Council

Well, I'm going to be in retail raiding right now.  )  I wanted to check that we had 9 people.

I proved with Aspersia that friends lists work, and you can use the new voice client in classic.

Icemann
High Council

Ice can sign, warrior)....funny e at the end wink

Honesty
High Council

Ok, so what we'll do...Wednesday (8/28) I'll be on Hes in Stormwind with the charter to sign, an hour before our usual raid (6 pm server).  I'll then head over after the raid, and I'll make an announcement at the raid, so we'll see if we get enough people.  )

Hes should be an easy name to remember.  )  Send me a tell and I'll link up, we can use the party voice chat until we get a guild established.

Honesty
High Council

There is now a Trivial guild on Atiesh!  See almost anyone for an invite )

spaw03

If anyone is interested, I've been playing Horde on Rattlegore. Hit me up in game @Mistake (Tauren Shaman).