Forums > General > Public Discussion > Finally a...

Finally a solution for phasing

Topic List
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

From the 8.2.5 notes:

Introducing Party Sync
During this PTR we’re experimenting with a new mode that makes it easier for players in a party to do quests and play together: Party Sync. When players activate Party Sync, everyone in the party becomes aligned to the same quest state, including phases. By mousing over a quest in your tracker, you can see who is on the quest, what their progress is, and who’s ready to turn in the quest. There’s something else we’re going to try out on the PTR, a “replay” quest feature. This will allow players who have already completed certain quests to replay those quests with their friends for rewards that are appropriate to their current level, regardless of the original level of the quest.
We’re also relaxing level restrictions on queueing for instanced content with your friends. This allows lower-level players to queue for content in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down while they’re in the instance. This feature will be available for dungeon instances for PTR Week 1, with PvP instances being flagged in the following weeks. Please note that unlike Timewalking, when your level is scaled down via Party Sync you will temporarily lose access to abilities and powers (such as Azerite traits) with requirements that exceed your reduced level.

It's been a bit more than a decade since CoH had this, but it will be really nice to be able to help someone without being out of phase.

Edited by: Anonymous on 11/27/2019 - 15:00 Reason: Topic autoclosed
DeveloperOfficer
Lierra
Officer

YAY!  I wondered if ANYONE was ever going to learn from City of Heroes:  that game did a LOT of things right, particularly in terms of letting you play with your friends without jumping through hoops.

High CouncilOfficer
eloris
Officer Emeritus

There is so much scaling these days that I get a little confused.  I'm a level 55, go to Westfall and the murlocs are 55.  That is confusing enough, but then I see a level 20 run up and easily kill the "level 55" murloc.  

I am not sure how scaling for individual quests is going to play into that...

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

It looks a bit similar, Lierra, in that you'll only have the abilities you had at that level.  Simpler than in CoH because the skill tree is fixed.  And they man initially only apply it to dungeons.

For this, Eloris, it's not so much the scaling, but the quest status--it could be hard summoning people to Icecrown Citadel because people at different quest stages couldn't see each other to assist in summoning or be summoned.  And there are several cases where I wish I could go back and help someone with a quest I've already done and can no longer see.

Topic locked