Forums > General > Public Discussion > Trivial Classic...

Trivial Classic and Raiding

Topic List
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

I've noticed we have a few people who've reached level cap, and a few others approaching it.  Realistically, I don't see us bulking up the classic Trivial guild to be big enough for the classic raids.  It's a lot of work (in fact, if anyone is interested in helping with recruitment on the retail side we could use some help). 

Classic is much less the automated grouping/raiding machine, and much more about the social interactions that you build up.  Your reputation, and your guild matters.  So, if you hit 60 and want to raid, you're probably going to have to take your 60 out of Trivial Classic and join a different guild.  And put in time there to make it a social network of people you want to play with.  It's not being disloyal, or hurting anyone in Trivial; in fact, I think it gives the chance to expand contacts.  If one of those people wants to try retail, send them our way.  )  It's one of the reasons for trying to widen our reach through the Trivial Community, to find more likable people to play with.

I very much enjoy playing this game with all the people of Trivial, both retail and classic.  The game itself would never have kept my interest for more than a decade, it's the people.  With Classic, I'm finding the journey fun, I look forward to our various dungeon excursions with mis-matched groups fumbling their way through.  I hope that people who do move on to raid leave an alt in Trivial classic, just to be able to keep in touch and run something sometimes.  And, if your raid is ever short a person or two, give us a poke.  )

DeveloperOfficer
Lierra
Officer

Well said, H, well said.

Des

you guys are alliance in classic, right?

and wait, it's a separate subscription from "normal" WoW now?

Honesty
High Council

Yes, Trivial is Alliance in classic.  (There is a TrivialX hordeside in retail, but none in classic.). No, it is the same subscription for classic and retail.  Just choose wow classic in the little drop down box on the launcher and it installs.  There are classic versions of many addons you may want.

It surprised me that I enjoyed it as much as I did; I found it much more of an RPG than retail is.  Other people tried it and ran screaming from the room.  If you decide to try it out shoot me a tell for an invite; we've also got lots of spare bags.

Des

I'd like to - but I NEED to grind Rustbolt rep to get flying...i'm barely halfway to the mark...damm, just daily quests out the arse...

can you get rep by running the 5man?

Honesty
High Council

Nope.  Rust bolt rep is to show up each day and do the auto-bestowed quest (3 rares or chests or whatever).  The other quests generate a little rep but frankly can be skipped.  If you're halfway there then it's what, a week?

I think you do get some rep for doing the quest to kill the last boss in the 5 man.  It also gives you an essence.