Forums > Party Raid > Shadowlands... > 2021/05/04 H Sire...

2021/05/04 H Sire to 45%

Nice progress!  Without hero on phase 1, too.  Comments later.

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

Let me break this into phases.  We greatly improved our phase 1, but if we can get everyone alive at the end of it (and at manageable stacks) then we have an easier time with later phases.  Looking at try 13, our best try, here's the people hit by Insatiable Hunger:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YbmMDqt1af8FyL96#fight=13&position=129121&type=damage-taken&ability=327823

If you look at events it's easiest to see--there are 6 sets of 2 night hunters.  So, 12 people will be hit by the attacks at a minimum...and as you can see only 12 people were hit.  We did a great job of not being in any of the little circles around the target.  Gold star.

However, if you look at the event view, you see something interesting.  First off, our mages were targeted and iceblocked the first ones, Aenala was targeted and turtled, my hats off to perfection.  Argen was then targeted twice more, Aenala once more, and they had to handle it like ordinary mortals.  Look at the  unattenuated damage (the "U:" number) on each line.  Pandamonio and Aenala took very big hits on their second time in the barrel.  Carewee and Codruus took large but not quite fatal hits as well.

Sadly, the replay doesn't allow a zoom in, so its tough to see positioning, but it looks like Pandamonio has only one soaker (Dorkpaws, more on this later).  Aenala moves back on his, it looks like Orionii is in the beam but no one else.  So, they did what they could, but there weren't enough soakers.

Here's the table of soakers on the try:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YbmMDqt1af8FyL96#fight=13&position=129121&type=damage-taken&ability=327810

Take a look at the "hits" column.  A perfect score is helping to soak every time, so that's 6 minus however many times you were the target.  If its more than 6, you better be a tank...and fortunately our only 8 was.  )  Argen was targeted 3 times and soaked three times, so that's also a perfect score, etc.  Healers are really busy in these phases, I'm not concerned if they don't move to soak...but everyone else ought to be getting in a beam.  If you only soaked twice, you can do better.  The life you save may be your rogue's.

Now, one thing to watch for--you cannot soak two beams at once (unless you are a tank like object).  That happened to Dorkpaws, his 3 soaks comes from soaking two at once, which killed him.

It looks like most of our problems with soaking come on the second set of night hunters each time, so I have one small change to try and see if it helps.  The sequence goes blood price-second cleansing pain-second set of nighthunters spawning with all the little adds.  We get between the boss and the wall for the blood price, which knocks people back and into the wall, keeping things compact.  Rom points the second cleansing pain along the wall so we can group for it.

What I'd like to change is have Rom rotate another 90 degrees--keep Sire with his back to the wall, but have people move a bit away from it to be hit by the cleansing pain.  I think the adds spawn relative to Sire, this will keep them bunched up, but will  move the pack of people a bit away from the wall.  When the night hunters spawn further into the room, targets can back up to the wall without other people being there, but making it easier for folks to be between the hunters and their targets.  That with a little more soaking will keep people alive for later phases.

One other note from watching the replay:  on Argen's first time being a night hunter target, he moves out of the raid because he's going to iceblock it.  Ddear follows to soak.  I think that's a good indicator for people, if the person isn't back along the wall where they should be, don't worry about soaking, they are either immuning or they have made a grave mistake.  )

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

Phase 2--Not that it's simple, but there's not a lot of difference from the normal version.  The big difference are the pools that drop underneath people when the adds die.  Those pools not only do damage but knock you flying, often off the platform, because that is more Fun(tm).  So, we want to kill the adds in a controlled manner, by which I mean not just before a Hand of Destruction or during a Massacre.  Our first death was a knockback from the pool, the next two were from the first Massacre.

A thing I note watching the replay--we are gaining a lot of healing from keeping people together as much as we can.  If you take the mirror to get away from the Hand, take the mirror back, it saves you time vs. running across the room and you'll be in range of more healing.  In normal we break into two groups, but it seems like it works better here to keep it as one.

We were a bit behind in dps, there was one cabalist still alive from group 2 with group 3.  I think that will be fixed by a bit more practice with phase 2, and not losing people early in it to knockback etc.  Remember, on the third group of adds we all move to the west (chosen by popular demand), kill them, go through the mirror when the hand occurs, and work on the ones on the east.  In this try we transitioned when the boss was at 48% and 2 adds were up at near full health; we'd like to have him below 45 with one add (ideally, 40 and no adds, but that may be a while).  I think that will happen naturally if we just survive the phase, so especially during massacre or puddles, concentrate on dodging.